Welcome to the Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley

 

Home About Us Museum & Library Library Card Catalog Programs & Events HSCV Business Partners Publications Cocalico Acqusitions Memberships Support Us Plan a Visit HSCV Services

    

Our Mission    

We are dedicated to discovering, gathering, and preserving materials and data relative to the heritage of the community known as the Cocalico Valley. The Cocalico Valley is defined as the Townships of East & West Cocalico, Clay, Ephrata, West Earl and a portion of Earl. This includes the Boroughs of Akron, Adamstown, Denver & Ephrata, Pennsylvania.

Our History

The Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley was formed in 1957 as a project of the Ephrata Recreation Center. In 1961 the Society purchased the Connell home from Alvin Wissler, who had purchased the property from the guardians and executors of Nora Connell.

The Society is interested in preserving the heritage of the Cocalico Valley, which the Society defines as the townships of East and West Cocalico and Ephrata (all once part of Cocalico Township), Clay, West Earl, and a portion of Earl. This area encompasses the boroughs of Ephrata, Akron, Denver, and Adamstown. Items found in the museum of the Society were either made in the Cocalico Valley, or are representative or typical of the things used in the Cocalico Valley area.

 

OFFICERS - 2016

President

Lowell D. Haws
Vice President John S Hibschman
Recording Secretary Joanne L. Bender
Corresponding Secretary Penny L. Lyba
Treasurer James Brubaker

Trustees at Large

James W Bordt 2017
Randy E. Newcomer 2017
Steven Ravegum 2017
Joel L.Westerhoff 2017
G. Robert Eberly 2018
Robert H. Getz, Jr. 2018
Thomas Horst 2018
Richard J. Sweigart 2018
Elaine Bowman 2019
Virginia (Ginnie) L. Good 2019
Diane Palsgrove 2019
Robert W. Sheaffer 2019
   
 

Librarian

Cynthia Marquet

 

 

Home ]

Send mail with questions or comments about this web site to EMAIL  HSCV@cocalicovalleyhs.org
Copyright 2003 Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley